Wednesday, April 28, 2010

why is color so important?

I'm obsessed with color on the cabinets in my kitchen. I don't want to do it over, or become bored or even worse, totally disappointed with the color I choose. I know that basically my plan is ok. No one in their right mind would try to refurbish these cabinets, if you could even really call them that. I didn't buy this mobile home. It was given to me. Which is great, because it has good bones. I can work with this. But these cabinets are giving me grief. My kitchen is so important to me. I want it to be green, inviting, organized, well-balanced, at least semi-pro, well how about pro-wanna be... my new idea came to me when I saw on a style show the colors dark brown and olive green paired together. I hate the idea of retro. my style is contemporary. but you have to take into consideration what you have to work with. I think I can dress up the fronts by painting the structure the dark contrasting color, even considering a deep midnight blue. By introducing a more Earthy tone in the green, I might re=enter the realm of the reasonable or possibly tolerable. Interestingly, the more modern colors I first went to have become cold rather than cool. A little happy depth with the green is growing on me. not a trendy sagey green, the old tried and true olive. it will bring in a soft appealing feel to the kitchen and I'm thinking black handles to match a black range hood might be really nice. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment