Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The night before Christmas Eve, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas eve, and the neighbors were out. I was settled in resting after a nice meal of homemade spagetti, and this God-awful scream like the devil himself was being killed, burst through the silence and then fire exploded in the sky and rained down on my trees. By the time I got outside to witness the second round, it was aimed right for my land, and again, fire rained down after another appalling scream, of fireworks. Cultural differences being the only excuse I can imagine for this reckless and disturbing act of total insanity, I lost my temper and screamed across the yard that they were going to burn us down, and that I was calling the sheriff. Well they shot one more off and then stopped. The dispatcher at the county sheriff said there is no law prohibiting fireworks in the county. So what can you do but yell insults and hope they stop. How does it get to this point. Can't people think? How will this action effect the other unsuspecting neighbors? All the animals in the yards surrounding these people are frightened beyond my understanding, and yet these people think this is fun, or ok? Every holiday, it's the same. If only they had to fire them off in their own yard, start fires on their own property. There should be better laws to protect people from idiots. I should work on that, right?

1 comment:

  1. CissyBlue,

    Good luck with protecting people from idiots. As a poet once said, distance is the best defense.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete