Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mid-Spring Update

We've come to a decision that instead of trying to build a new front porch, we will turn the area into a private patio retreat. Colorful, comfortable, serene, with all four elements present. I want to collect paver stones or some type of cut rock for the floor and sides/and the water feature.

In this month of May Jim and I are pitching in and doing the water turn-on with Aqua. I am dreading this one just because of the red tape. They have to see my deed. That seems ridiculous. I am going to cook some purple hull peas and roast some green beans and potatoes in the oven. Also making cornbread and it will be a nice Sunday brunch. Wish I had some onion and fresh herbs to dress up the peas... Having a great day - wish it could last forever!!! My new kitten is growing quickly. He is very smart and very kind. But he likes to get his way... His eyes seem to be staying green which is really beautiful against his thick black fur. He is just an equisite little creature, quite the heartbraker. Garden is in and being bombarded by tiny grasshoppers. Jim has promised to bring home chickens. We shall see. I need some stakes and string to line out my patio. It's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment