Thursday, May 6, 2010

A hitch in my plans... again...

Ahhh... the kitchen cabinets again. But hooray! I think I've found a possible answer. On an episode of David Bromstad, whose design style is really genius, he added plexiglass to the front of some steel cabinets inside a garage. Upon seeing his own genius, he added how great this idea would be for a kitchen. Voila'. I have searched a little and found that plexi comes in various widths and many good colors. I have something to work with here. It's even quite affordable. And all they did was use four screws to install it. I am thinking how beautiful a nice light blue would be. So modern! With nice stainless hardware. And with a little moulding here and there you would not at first think, "oh... cheap cabinetry." It will prove to be a sleek and clean solution, and cheap, too! Not so much with the hardware. That could get pricey.
The lawyers are still posturing. You'd think a simple little probate wouldn't cause much trouble. The land taxes came in on this side and they're $400 and change. Somebody needs to pay them. I guess he will tend to it. I could have to make payments to Roy's wife. Isn't that the most ludicrous thing you've ever heard? Clearly Texas common law precedes any wishes in a will... Well, we shall see. I've already suffered the worst this place can throw at me, with bankruptcies, junk yard junkies, drunks, nuts, you name it, and then there's Roy. I've survived him, but for how long. Long enough to fill his wife's pockets with my money? Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment